Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sonoma Mountains - in progress

8 x 8 in acrylic on canvas

I received a nice shipment of painting surfaces from Dick Blick and built 15 8 x 8 in canvases! It was a grind but, I became obsessed and had to finish building them the other night while watching A Room With A View. (what a beautiful film that is... everyone looks so young in it! It is from 1986... )

Anyway, I was hungry for painting this morning and with a lovely stack of fresh canvases on my painting cart, I got started. This painting is from a photograph I took in the Sonoma Mts on a trip to the wine country a few years ago. We took 'shortcut' and ended up on this long, winding road which turned out to be quite scenic. Stopping to stretch and snack, I took some photos knowing there was a painting there, somewhere!

No comments: