Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Boy in a Streetcar


Crayon Rubbing of a Woodcut, colored pencil.

This little boy was being held by his Mama, but, I did not include her in the composition. I fell in love with the hat he was wearing, it looked so old world, and sitting in the wood interior of this street car in B.C. Canada... I felt he looked timeless!

To test woodcuts, I often rub the surface (paper placed over the matrix) with the side of a paper-free crayon to show how it's looking before I even do a test print. Sometimes the rubbings come out pretty good and I save them for... ??? who knows, experiments like this one. :) (this is a page in a book I'm making)

2 comments:

Big Blog Collection said...

Interesting blog. We invite you to list it in our new Blog Directory and share it with others.

Be one of the first to list your blog

artslice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.