Saturday, June 25, 2011

Kicking Back this Weekend...



Just resting and exhaling this weekend after a VERY long stretch of hubby working. (that's 2 whole work weeks including the weekend in between.) Lucky me... it's a beautiful, sunny day and I can go dog walking for unlimited time!!!


Don't have a new camera yet. I'm still making art, though. Shifting gears for kid's summertime and just making art for me right now. The reality is... I can't stop making art. I can't NOT do it. It's too much a part of me. I saw a great poster on Etsy, exactly at the right time. It said: "I just want to make beautiful things, even if nobody cares." Sounds kind of sad and funny... it resonates. I always go back to Corita Kent and her rules for art. My fave: "The only rule is work." So, I will work.

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

and i will watch : )
(ok i may work a little too!)

hope you had a great weekend...

artslice said...

:) Thank you, Beth. You are a sweet soul!

ps I'll be watching your work as well.