Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Quilt and a Nap


I'm starting to incorporate my woodblock prints on linen in this velveteen and linen quilt. Love a checkerboard pattern... very simple and classic! As usual, it's all unplugged - sewn in the garden and on the deck :) This summer has been pretty crazy, harried and full of upheaval. We've had a full house of kids... quilting and knitting seems to be all I've been able to summon up creatively. Mostly, these arts are a comfort and really good therapy. Someday, the tired little girl in her daddy's arms will be sleeping under this quilt!

4 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

i'm a big fan of the checkerboard too...classic and clean and modern at the same time. can't wait to catch up.....

beth

artslice said...

Hi there Beth! You must be getting settled in by now since school is looming (next week for us). Looking forward to hearing how you've been doing too :)

Paula Villanova said...

Wow, I'm amazed at how productive and creative you have been this summer! Sounds like you are living life fully and enjoying it, which will be a part of future creative projects. I really love your foxglove paintings (I just planted some this year and my friend told me it won't come back for 2 years...) Your drawings and sewing projects are great too. Keep on keepin' on!

artslice said...

Hi Paula... thanks for the kind words! I'm feeling quite non-productive this summer due to some extreme circumstances. But, after your comments... I can see I've gotten a few things done. :) Hope your new(er) job is going well!