Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Woodcuts Inspired by Apple Pie...



Here's an apple pie made for our labor day festivities... mostly, I made it for my mom since she loves my pie! (this is very flattering because she's a very good cook and I have probably made 4 pies in my life :) Anyway, after peeling all those apples I got to thinking about autumn inspired woodcuts. I came up with these 2 doodles that are being carved. Planning on making cards to put in my etsy shop and in a few local galleries.
PS. Needle felted wool purses coming soon to the etsy shop!

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

let the nesting begin! apples, pie, baking and wool....autumn has truly set her foot down. i will definately need a few cards to keep in touch with all my mid western pals!

artslice said...

Hooray for nesting... autumn is the best setting for just that. I'll try to get 'em in the shop soon...I just printed yesterday! Have a great weekend.