Friday, February 17, 2012

The Light Project





Lately, I've been consumed by the simple combo of India ink and a very fine pen nib. It's heaven, I tell you. Why did I not think of this before. The flowing ink on the lovely, thick Stonehenge paper... stark black on white, it's very seductive :)


So, in honor of my land-locked-mermaid-itis... the subject of lighthouses was the perfect choice. I've done several so far and am just getting started. These are small - a bit larger than atc size. Hopefully, a zine will come out of this project.


I'm a bit behind on the drawings for First 100 faces, so those will be postponed until Thursday next! Have a great LONG weekend :) The kids don't return to school 'til Wednesday, wow.

2 comments:

Jenniffer said...

such an original idea! My good friends live in Sequim- it's a great kind of 'off the grid' place. I will need to check out the lighthouse for myself. Didn't know they had one!

artslice said...

Thanks, Jenniffer! Sequim is my hometown... and it's definately off the grid :) The lighthouse is on the Dungeness Spit - it's a good long walk to the end of it where the lighthouse is located. I think it took us about 2 1/2 hours as grown-ups!