Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Holly

Today we said goodbye to a very dear friend far too soon.  Holly was a 37 year old mother of 4 children... ages 20 months, 5, 7 and 8 years.  She had the unlikely diagnosis of stage 4 colon cancer when her 4th child was just 6 weeks old.  She never stopped fighting and never gave up.  I will carry her memory with me always.

We just returned from a trip to my childhood home of  Sequim and also traveled  Victoria BC.  At a castle I've been visiting since probably first grade, I saw this window I'd never noticed before.  Holly.  If you are a person who prays, please pray for Holly's children, husband, Matt and their family.  Thank you :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a serendipitous discovery

artslice said...

Yes! I think experiences always give you fresh eyes in a way. Hope your summer is going well, Gretchen:)