Monday, June 1, 2009

The Bay Bridge and a Quilt


That's what's on my mind lately... above is the pink chocolates quilt I made... I took it apart and laid all the blocks on the bed to see what to do next. (there was just too much brown - which made it too dark and geometric. So, I'm adding several pink print borders around each square... hand sewn of course!)
Our anniversary is coming up this month and in the flurry of painting last month, the idea came of doing a portrait of 'us' as a gift to my hubby. That's us up there in SF, shortly after we were engaged. I painted over another painting since I was too lazy to build a fresh canvas for this one. Only one problem... it's 28 x 36". Do you think I'll get it done by June 8th?! :) Happy Monday.

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

good luck with that! i have a 1/2 finished sweater i gave my husband for our 10th anniversary( 4 years ago ) it's the thought that counts, right?

the quilt looks amazing too....

cheers,
beth

artslice said...

Haha, thanks Beth! Yes... the thought is the thing. I worked more on assembling the quilt yesterday and I'll share it soon!

Paula Villanova said...

Happy belated anniversary to you and your hubby...what a fantastic painting!