Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Groovin' with My 4 Yr Old Artist

Abstract Drawing, by my 4 yr old son.... Marker on paper.
Portrait, by my 4 yr old son. (His friend, 'Boy at McDonald's').
My son is really getting into drawing faces, people and imaginary friends. He can talk for hours (especially in the evening) about friends, trains, animals and all sorts of situations of play. He free associates about these friends for at least an hour or more, usually while playing trains or pre-school computer games. He's fearless with his art making and no one needs to tell him how to draw, he seems to know exactly what he's doing and doesn't need any help with it. (although he still prefers to be fed if he can find someone to do it for him!!) :) Oh how I love to watch him create... and he usually sings to himself while working!

3 comments:

martha miller said...

kids are the BEST.

artslice said...

:) I agree! Loved your collection of 'spelling relief' prints... no 5 was my fave.

Happy Days,
Brenda

martha miller said...

yes, isn't that a beauty? so simple. that's one of kirschner's...