Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy Winkle




Here is a little song that is in the classic children's book, The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy Winkle by Beatrix Potter. I'm a big fan of hers, I love her animals and naturalist style drawings and paintings. She had quite an interesting life, there's a great biography on her...published in the past few years.

This is a song we sing to our kids, and they love it! I decided to write it out in a fun lettering style I found in the magazine Bound and Lettered. (a calligraphy and book arts journal, published by John Neal.... of Paper and Ink Books ...a wonderful journal but a bit pricey!) Anyway, I just found it stuffed in a magazine, and thought I should color it with my Prismacolor pencils and frame it! (I made the birth announcements for both of my kids and this lettering style was used for my son's.)

1 comment:

Celia Hart said...

Love the lettering, and love Mrs Tiggy-Winkle too. I have the copy I had when I was small, the pictures are so beautifully drawn.

Celia