Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Lino Cut Book!





I've been wanting to make a book with text in it for so long... as well as illustrations. So, this has finally come to the work table! The story is of our naughty little corgi who ran away in the dead of winter and found his way home on New Year's Day.


I've written most of the story and am on the 3rd page of carving the text only. (none of the illustrations have even been conceived yet... but, the drawings will be driven by the space and context of the words on the page. Very exciting to take on :) I've had to get out my dusty graphic design hat and think had about that golden rectangle and how to make the most of it. The book may not be perfect, but I'm having a wonderful time with the process.


Will report with more progress :) Happy almost weekend.


PS

I've added a few mini art quilts to my etsy shop. They are the ladies from the 'Saintly Women' series.

No comments: