Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just to Let You Know...

I love the fingers and toes.

school art

little black dress

a 'letter' she wrote to god about our dog, Knightly needing to be good.

Just have to shout it to the world... our 4 year old daughter is an artist! :) She has been drawing up a storm and just seems to get better everyday. I love watching her make art - she's very serious and often hums to herself... but don't even think about talking to her. She's way too busy :)



Since I'm talking about kid stuff today... here's a little story:



My 7 yr old son and 4 yr old daughter were in the car, on our way to dance lessons. Golliwog's Cakewalk by Claude Debussy came on the radio. Our son knows this piece from way back and we both love it. I asked if he remembered the name... yes!

Me: 'This is a great piano piece - I want to learn it. It's by Debussy who wrote one of my all time faves, Clair de Lune .

Son: No! This is from that Fisher Price movie, Baby's Day.

Me: Well, it's actually classical music (Impressionism) written over 100 years ago.

Daughter: Oh! Did you listen to this when you were a little girl?
Me: Uncontrollable laughter.

2 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

good morning Brenda - I haven't visited in ages and dropping in today and finding this fabulous post was just wonderful :)

artslice said...

Hi Jeane!
So glad you stopped in :) Thank you... just couldn't get those youtube links to work, darn!

ps,
your hair looks really cute.