Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bookmaking Weekend

Sandpoint, Idaho
Fabulous little sushi place... they served the largest glass of wine I've ever had :)
Beautiful space built over a waterway (much like Florence, Italy) ... maybe for a gallery someday??
Figuring out drum leaf book binding. It was a bit slow going for me, but I finally got it! (no diagrams... I need visuals like I need oxygen)
Instructions for the caterpillar stitch - so much fun to do. This was only a decorative embellishment for the cover. Hopefully I can learn how to bind using this stitch. I'm planning on doing more bookmaking to go with the printmaking... I need a class! Happy Sunday..we're off for a Corgi walk in the sunshine :)

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

wow, the ceiling of that place is gorgeous (as is the catepillar stitch). i did some bookbinding many, many years ago and think it is such a beautiful form of art. i'd love to see some of what you created : )

artslice said...

Hi Beth,
Thanks... that stitch is a bit confusing. Yes, I thought it looked like a wave... great near the water. Will share the book(s) as they evolve :)