Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Shona Beth




Meet Shona Beth, this is the first Waldorf style doll I have made (or any doll for that matter!) She turned out OK, though she's a bit 'Bride of Frankenstein' on her neck with all the stitches and her arms are a bit long for her body. Oh well, I learned a lot making her... like I had the wrong kind of ribbing, I need tube ribbing! Plus, the doll skin is synthetic and I don't like it, it's too much like a pantyhose texture. I prefer the cotton stretch doll skin, which I'll have to order since no one carries it. The dress is Amy Butler fabric, which turned out pretty cute and the hair is silk mohair which I like as well. (My 5 year old son named her!) She is for my 20 month old daughter, who instantly hugged her when I handed the doll over, so that's a good sign.

No comments: