Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Projects for 2012!

Ok, the new year sort of snuck up on me... while putting away Christmas stuff and thinking about how to run the kids' energy into the ground over the holiday break. But, I didn't want to pass up a chance to start something new. Fresh starts and new calendars have an effect on me.

So, after much thought over the past few days of January, I decided to break up the year into 3-month chunks. For the first 'quarter' (ug, it sounds so 'financial'!) there will be a series of woodcut faces. I'll be posting them on Thursdays... no real goal per week, just how ever many 'happen' over the week. You can also see them over at my Flickr page... I'm going to post all of 'em there. This is going to be exciting! The next 3 quarters? Who knows... they are up for grabs. I hate to commit to something this soon for the whole year so, this is the 'wiggle room' that's necessary to keep things spontaneous.

My other project this year is to find more venues for showing art and get myself 'out there' much more. I mean, if I'm going to make it, then... people have to see it! :)

Happy new year, everyone! Please don't be shy, leave a comment if you like. I love to read them and really appreciate hearing from you :)

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

sounds like a good plan brenda! i look forward to seeing the new wood cuts individually and as a group at the end of the three months....who knows where this could lead. i also need to work to get myself more out there...self promotion is a tough one, right?

artslice said...

Thanks, Beth... I'm looking forward to seeing what comes off the press! Ah, yes. The self promo/business side to art. This is always the downside for me, but necessary. Happy Thursday :)