Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween and Fabric Painting





Our Halloween was grand... and here are a few masterpieces that father and son carved while the girls were out. Nice job, don't you think?!

I painted fabric for a shower curtain and 'sink skirt' for my bathroom. It's quite a small room and in need of a change. The design is loosely based on a 1950's textile from the Victoria and Albert Museum. I'm happy with the way it turned out! Now if only I could give the room a fresh coat of paint in a nice, warm toast color.
Just to let y'all know, my daughter spilled something on my laptop keyboard and now it is kaput. Hopefully, I can get it repaired but until then, I can only blog and post comments when I'm borrowing a friend's computer! ARG! Maybe I could saran wrap the keyboard... if it's even salvageable. I'm trying not to brood about it. Happy hump day.

2 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

who says you can't cry over spilt milk (or whatever it was)...what a bummer. you've got the right attitude though and now they'll be more time to create, right? i love the mix of patterns on the shower curtain and skirt...it's very fresh looking : )

see ya

artslice said...

I'm still cryin' Beth! Now, I feel a compulsion to blog... even though I don't get around to it as often as I used to. Thanks for your thoughts on the curtain and skirt!