Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yummy Yarn

No, this isn't yarn... but fabric needed to finish the linen quilt I nearly have completed. Just a few more squares to create. I'll post a photo soon.
Fall colors for my daughter's leg warmers... must get to work on these post-haste so she can wear them now! This particular yarn is magic and when knitted, looks patterned and a bit 'Fair Isle' - love it.
Yesterday I went to my fave local yarn shop to find some sock yarn for my daughter's leg warmers. While there, I was seduced by this fabulous Noro yarn. I just couldn't seem to leave the store without it! I'm going to make a vest ... I've made 2 before and hopefully the 3rd one will be exactly how I planned :)

3 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

yum - fabric and yarn - I don't sew or knit, but I'm an addict for these things - I had to ban myself from buying anymore fabric about 5 years ago - so now I just wander the fabric isles in the stores and get my textile hits that way.....alas

Tess Kincaid said...

I'm so envious! I always wanted to knit. My aunt tried to teach me when I was a girl, but it didn't "take". ;^)

Please show us the finished products.

tangled sky studio said...

OMG...I know those leg warmers are going to be knit on either size 1 or 2 needles....Yikes! I love the Noro (of course who doesn't). I was supposed to finish my vest before my mom comes this weekend but it's not looking so good....