Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sketchbook Thursday...

U-pick strawberries
Lavender farm... Grandma and Sadie
Grandmas are the greatest!
Probably my fave late summer bloom.... Purple Cone flower.
It's not official... merely an idea but I'm thinking about doing more in my sketchbook and posting about it on Thursdays. (oh, but that would be a structured, planned thing... which is really not me...not sure I could handle it! :) We'll see if I can keep up with it. Feels good to paint summer scenes and flowers in the dead of winter! I'm off the clean up the house like a demon - we're having a little dinner party with 4 kids and 4 grownups this weekend :). But, what to cook? Any ideas??

4 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

Hi Brenda,
Sketchbook Thursdays is a great idea. And your paintings look so fresh and beautiful at this time of year....
Dinner Parties are so fun! I have lots of ideas (i think about food a lot...) but one is pan seared filet mignon with a merlot sauce (for the kids i always cut mini pieces and skewer them so there is no cutting required for them to eat...which also works with chicken) I like to hve the kids eat the same food as the adults but with no fuss ( this is mainly because with our neighbors have 4 kids and we have three so that is 7 kids/4 adults). Cheers!
Beth

Celia Hart said...

It's an excellent idea. In fact it was my New Year's resolution - but I haven't done it yet! Just like me...

Celia
x

word verification: whopha LOL!

Celia Hart said...

Oooo! didn't do a dinner idea...

Toad-in-the-hole
Trifle for pudding

C
x

Jeane Myers said...

not a clue about what to cook since I don't cook , but I love the sketch of the strawberries at the end! thoughts of summer!