Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thinking, Painting...

My spot at the end of the table... this is where most of the creating goes on... but lately, just been staring out the window, daydreaming. ?? Maybe it's the winter that's paralyzed my art making.
Fighter Pilot ACEO
Just an idea...
Feeling like I have no direction... not sure what road to take. I have a show coming up in a few months - need to have a small but cohesive collection of something to show. But, I've been feeling kind of lost about what to make! How could it be?? I know it happens every once in a while but, it seems to be lasting a long time. Have retreated to my sketchbook to try and work out some ideas and just 'be'.
Finally posted on my painting blog, Take5!

7 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

Breath this out.
It's right in front of you.
Put your back to the window, so the natural light grazes over your shoulder. Narrow down your focus...
what's in front of you?
> your hand?
> a coffee cup?
> a plate?..a fork?
> a lace table cloth..?
> a book..?
Make up a still life out of what you see in front of you everyday.

You can make it happen anytime you choose.

artslice said...

Thank you, Teri... you have some good advice... I'm going to run with it!

martha miller said...

sometimes playing in a new media can break the spell - i love that photo you posted - the heart on the garage door - perhaps just taking your camera around for a while and taking some shots of things you notice every day might generate ideas...

Paula Villanova said...

Oooh...I know this feeling too well and it could well be those depths of winter kicking in. Teri and Martha offer some pretty good advice...good luck and hang in there. You're so prolific and have quite a body of work, you'll be fine but sometimes tweaking the routine can make a difference. Think I'll try it myself!

tangled sky studio said...

Sometimes not thinking is the best path to renewed focus and creative energy....inspiration is always just around the corner.
beth

artslice said...

Martha, Paula and Beth... you all have such valid points... I'm taking your advice and also just chilling out! I do need to change up the routine... not thinking too much is a big one that needs work. Martha's idea about taking photos while out and about are great ideas. Many thanks to you all.

Unknown said...

i'loved to website this is very very nice
obat penghilang cegukan terus menerus tradisional