Monday, October 6, 2008

A Bouquet of Violets




All artwork by Loretta of Retro Blooms
These charming works of art are by Spokane artist, Loretta of Retro Blooms. They are so sweet, I thought I'd share them. She creates her images out of dried, pressed flowers. These are actually magnets but she also makes cards and sells some of her original works.

I have not had a chance to work on any art in the past few days because we've been moving (well, hubby did the driving/moving) my in law's dining room set, and other furniture from the Seattle area to our home across the state. It has been a major undertaking to empty out the sideboard, dressers, moving and cleaning to get ready for the new items in the house. In the process, I've purged lots of stuff and am spiffing up my studio to make the space more functional. That means assembling some Ikea glass cabinets, getting large pictures to my husband's office getting rid of some furniture... the list goes on and on. It will be great when we're done. It's sort of our way of 'wintering in' around here... it's been more work than I anticipated! But, today's my birthday... so we're going to the Davenport Hotel for dinner - home of the famous 'Crab Louis (Davenport) Salad'. It's a beautiful, opulent place - if you're visiting Spokane, it's a 'must see.'

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

Happy birthday to you....
I hope you had a wonderful evening!

martha miller said...

Happy Birthday, Brenda! My husband's birthday was on Sunday! Lovely Libra...

artslice said...

Thank you, ladies... it was a great birthday! My husband gave me an ipod... now I have to figure out how to use it. Anybody got any pointers??! :)