Friday, December 5, 2008

New Painting Progression...


OK, so I should be posting new paintings on my painting blog... but I think I hear crickets over there so far. Must install stat counter to know if any one's visiting!! I'm doing a little series (these are about 6 x 8" or so) of repetitive, patterned paintings. I love those 2 elements, so it's a lot of fun for me. This one started with bobbed-hair ladies, a favorite subject of mine. I've added cameras, handbags and some chairs. Sunday will probably be the next day painting might happen... I'll have to wait until then to see what happens .
On another note... I delivered my goods to another 'trunk-show' style show at another artist's house. Hopefully I'll sell something, you never know with these tight economic times... but I'm happy to participate!


7 comments:

M.A. Wakeley said...

There's something very comforting in repetitive patterns. I love your subject matter!! Looks like you enjoyed yourself!

artslice said...

Thank you, Mary Ann! I did enjoy myself and I like the in between time of not knowing quite where it will go next. Glad to hear from you :)

ArtPropelled said...

I agree with Maryann...repetative patterns lull me. It's great to watch the progression of your painting.

Jeane Myers said...

will enjoy watching these little paintings form - already alot of my fav elements!

martha miller said...

i think all printmakers love repetition!
fun stuff! love your colors...

artslice said...

Hey, thanks Jeane and Martha :)
Martha - I didn't realize that but you are so right! Funny how others see things more clear than I often do.

Anonymous said...

crickets..
very funny.

We are watching...absorbed.