Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunshine and Televisions


This little painting is close to being done... it's another in the repetition series. I was actually thinking of fabric and quilts when I was making these - they came out very spontaneously! The quilt pattern, New York Beauties and went on from there... I'll try to find a photo of NY Beauties and post it later today just for fun. I'm hoping to get some Christmas shopping done today... So far I have bought one gift. Better get busy. Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

tangled sky studio said...

hi brenda,
the colors you chose are really beautiful...the colors are soft and soothing in a good way. i'd be very interested in seeing the inspiration (i always find it fascinating to see how ideas develop). good luck with the shopping...i'm in the same boat!
beth

Jeane Myers said...

I'm intrigued by the repetive shapes - I've tried to do this, but apparently I'm just not wired the right way - pretty soon I'm adding a little line here, making an a face appear and then the repeats have disappeared all together - I like this
and agree with Beth - the colors are soothing.

artslice said...

Hi Beth
Thank you, I seem to use those colors alot. I could not find a photo of New York Beauties, darn it! If I find one, I'll post it. :( I did get a lot of shopping done yesterday afternoon, though!

Hi Jeane... I love your term 'not wired the right way' I may have to use that sometime! You seem to be wired just fine because your work gorgeous.